From the Principal: E-Learning Week 2
校長的信息 - 電子學習第二週
Thank you for your partnership as we complete Week 2 of e-Learning. The PTCS team started it off with group devotions that helped set the tone for the week. I am grateful for the technology that provides a way to touch base with our staff while we all work remotely.
This is a short teaching week as we end it with Teacher Institute Day and Parent-Teacher Conferences. I believe we have settled into the e-learning platform and are getting a hang of Google Hangouts. Attendance has reached 96% despite reports of sickness, no internet and power outages. I am pleased with the amount of teaching and learning found in all the classes.
It has been a great joy for me, as the principal, to visit classes. A PK-3 student attentively following along with the teacher in front of the monitor, said to his younger brother sitting next to him, “Stand up, you have to stand up to do this!” Now that's what I call total engagement! It has also been important to our children’s mental health to see and greet each other and their teachers as they would typically do in their physical classroom.
Here are a few items to note:
1. One of our parents gave us a great suggestion on how to submit tuition payments besides mailing it in. PTCS has a mail slot at the double-red doors where we dismiss our Jr.K classes. These are the doors to the left of our main door. If it is more convenient for you, you may drop your tuition in that mail slot.
2. Thursday, March 26, is Teacher Institute Day. All of our teachers will be busy grading and organizing assessment data for their classes. We will not send home report cards this quarter as some assessments must be completed on-site and in-person.
3. Friday, March 27, is the Parent-Teacher e-Conference. We have a very tight schedule that includes translation for a number of our families. The teacher will report to you the growth and progress of your child. Please be on time for your conference, and be ready with questions if you have any. If you are having difficulty with Google Hangouts, please let us know before your meeting time.
4. The Elementary Science Fair is moving right along! By now, students should have submitted their video presentations. Our judges will review all of the student presentations; lookout for the announcement of the winners! A link for you to virtually attend our Science Fair will be provided next week.
5. Jr.K and Elementary re-enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year starts Thursday, March 26th. Please see the attached fillable re-enrollment form. To submit, please print and mail completed form, along with $200 Tuition Deposit to Pui Tak Christian School, 2301 S Wentworth Ave., Chicago, IL 60616, or drop it in the red doors mail slot. The deadline for re-enrollment is April 24, 2020.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or your child’s teacher. Remember, we are stronger together!
With hope in Christ,
由於本週四、週五的教師研修日和家長會，這個教學週比較短。相信您已經習慣了Google Hangouts 的使用方式。在本週中，學生的出勤率高達96%，我對所有課程中教導的質和量都非常滿意。
3. 3月27日（星期五）是家長會。我們的時間表很緊湊。老師將向您報告孩子的成長和與學業上的進度。請您準時參加會議。如有任何疑問，請提前準備好。如果您對使用Google Hangouts 還有問題，請在會議之前告知我們。
5. 四歲半和小學部 2020-2021 新學期的註冊將於3月26日（星期四）開始。請參閱附件，下載可填寫的註冊表格。完成後，請把填妥並打印好的表格連同 200 美元的學位押金郵寄至培德基督教學校（Pui Tak Christian School）, 2301 S Wentworth Ave., Chicago, IL 60616，或將其投入紅門上的郵件槽中。重新註冊的截止日期是2020年4月24日。
From the Principal: E-Learning Week 1
校長的信息 - 電子學習第一週
Thank you so much for your partnership this week. There was great learning among students, teachers and parents alike! Teachers have worked tirelessly to continue providing lessons for students. Please take the time to thank them.
Many of you have questions, which I will answer:
1. As the governor has issued a “shelter-in-place” order until April 7, all faculty and administrative staff will operate remotely from home. As a result, we will not be in the office to receive your monthly tuition payments. Until school is back in session, please mail your monthly tuition payments to the school at 2301 S. Wentworth Ave., Chicago, IL 60616. We will pick up mail once a week.
2. There will be no e-school next week on Thursday and Friday, March 26-27, for Teacher Institute Day and Parent-Teacher Conferences. All conferences will be done remotely with your child/ren’s teacher and through Hangouts Meet. Please check your email and accept your teacher’s invitation to the meeting.
3. IOWA Testing will take place on April 20-24, as scheduled, granted that we are able to return to school on April 14th.
4. All other school calendar events will continue as planned, and upcoming events, like the Science Fair, will be done electronically.
5. CPS meals for students will continue, available for pickup outside public school main doors Mondays-Fridays from 9 am-1 pm. They provide a break for families at least for one meal a day.
Students, I think by now you are getting used to the e-classroom. It has been fun to be able to hop in your class from time-to-time and see how well you are learning. Please make sure you continue to come to class on time every day. Keep up the good work!
While most of our time is spent indoors, I encourage families to take a walk together or play catch, to get some fresh air and sunshine. This will do wonders to lift up your mood and even help in strengthening your immunity with a healthy influx of oxygen. You can also spend quality time with your family by playing games or cooking together, things that we normally would not have time to do with our busy schedules!
In His Grace,
1. 州長已經作出了「就地避難」的命令，此項規定將一直持續至4月7日，所有的教職和行政同工都將在家中辦公，以維持學校的運營。因此，我們無法在辦公室收取您每月繳納的學費。在學校恢復正常運營前，此期間煩請郵寄您的學費至 2301 S. Wentworth Ave., Chicago, IL 60616。我們會每週收取一次。
2. 下週四、五兩天（3月26、27日）為老師教研日及家長會，學校不會安排線上學習。所有的會議將在線上通過 Hangouts Meet 舉行。請查詢您的電子郵件，並接受老師的會議邀請。
3. 若學校正常於4月14日復課，那麼 IOWA 標準化測試將按原計劃在4月20-24日進行。
5. 芝加哥公立學校會繼續為學生提供免費午餐，您可以在公立學校正門口領取，領取時間為週一至週五早9 時至下午1時。這期間您至少可以每日少準備一頓飯。