By the end of the grade level, students will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of place value to represent whole numbers and decimals from the thousandths to the billions place.
- Analyze and solve problem-solving situations that involve addition, subtraction, multiplication (3 digit by 2 digit), and division (2 digit divisors and 3 digit dividends).
- Collect, organize, analyze, and evaluate data to include the median and range of that data.
- Generate and compare two fractional quantities and use them to describe the results of an experiment.
- Relate decimals to fractions through thousandths.
- Sketch and describe transformations.
- Locate and name points on a coordinate grid using ordered pairs of whole numbers.
- Measure to solve problems involving length, weight, capacity, time, temperature, area, perimeter, and volume.
- Sketch and develop a problem solving strategy appropriate to the fifth grade.